Preventative action towards flea, tick and heartworm!
Caring for your fur-baby is the most important thing you can do as a pet-parent. And it’s essential to be proactive when it comes to flea, tick and heartworm preventative care! We’ve highlighted some of the health problems associated with flea, tick and heartworm diagnosis below.
- Dogs with fleas may have black droppings or “flea dirt” on their coats. Ticks are often seen or felt in areas such as a dog’s neck, ears or skin folds between the legs and trunk.
- Fleas cause “hot spots” associated with intense itching which can also lead to sores, scabs and even secondary infections. Ticks cause intense skin irritation too.
- Fleas can consume 15 times their body weight in blood. Severe infestations may result in anemia or low iron levels which also leads to pale gums and lethargy.
- Ticks are famously associated with Lyme disease which may manifest in pets as fever, a lack of appetite or fatigue. Flea-borne illnesses can sometimes lead to vomiting, swollen lymph nodes, red eyes and joint pain.
- Flea and tick prevention is a year-round endeavor as ticks can actually be more active during the fall and winter. Likewise, heartworm disease is potentially fatal so year-round prevention is an easy way to ensure your pet’s safety.
Fortunately, these uncomfortable symptoms and serious illnesses can be prevented! Vetted is taking over the WellCare Veterinary Services at PUPS Pet Club in River North! This new-and-improved, tech-forward modern vet experience will offer the same services, but rooted in a deeper focus on preventative pet health. This is a revolutionary new kind of veterinary experience – a proactive vet clinic built with the comfort of the pet and pet parent top of mind as the number one priority. A one-of-a-kind experience when it comes to veterinary care focused on a preventative approach, meaning taking the early steps to avoid future diseases. Our goal is to support you, the pet parent while you’re on a journey to keep your pet living their happiest and healthiest life.
CLICK HERE TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT!